Pune, also called ‘Poona’, is the education hub of India which is situated in the state of Maharashtra, India. Pune is considered to be the 8th largest metropolitan economy of India. It has the sixth highest per capita income in the country. There are different sectors including Information Technology, Manufacturing and Education that play an important role in boosting the local economy of Pune city.
Thousands of students, workers, migrants called Pune their home because of the educations, IT sector and job market which has been booming since the last decade. A lot of MNC’s have acquired interest in Pune because of ease of access and being connected to the major cities through roads, railways and airways.
We generate brand-building activation ideas that engage your consumers and lead to measurable results. Our sales promotion encompass a variety of short-term techniques designed to attract your consumers to respond to your brand in a positive way. The most effective sales promotion is directly associated with product purchasing. This sales promotion is intended to enhance the value of your product by either reducing the cost or by adding more benefits to increase sales.
Our sales promotion techniques also can be used to achieve your other objectives such as building brand loyalty or creating product awareness. Consequently, Fulcrum team a large variety of consumer promotions.
|Contests, Sweepstakes, Games|
Sampling and Product Trials
Benefits of Consumer Promotion
When the aforementioned benefits of consumer promotion are considered as a whole, it is clear that they are indeed extremely helpful in driving revenue, creating brand engagement and enabling companies to acquire new consumers. Consumer promotion is undoubtedly an efficient and effective vehicle for marketing communications. For consumers, sales promotion provides a direct and often rational motivation to purchase the product being promoted.
A brand is not the only one who can communicate a consumer promotion. Word of mouth is one of the most positive forms of communication, especially if it is coming from a friend or colleague, as they are usually a trusted and reliable source. Give your consumers a reason to be surprised and they will make sure your reputation thrives.
Simply put, more sales from your promotion will create higher revenue. However, brands need to always calculate their costs and ensure they are aware of how many people may redeem the promotion and ensure that it is a profitable endeavor.
When customers attempt to redeem promotions, brands can often retrieve data such as email addresses and their home address. This creates the opportunity to target a customer through segmentation; you can then use direct mail or email campaigns to create personalized marketing.
All the points above drive sales and make consumers’ decision-making much simpler. If a brand is offering a similar product but something additional, then the consumer will often want more for their money.
Sales Promotion Strategies
Sales promotion strategies can be divided into three broad types. These are –
- Pull Strategy – The pull strategy attempts to get the customers to ‘pull’ the products from the company. It involves making use of marketing communication and initiatives like seasonal discounts, financial schemes, etc.
- Push Strategy – The push strategy attempts to push the product away from the company to the customers. It involves convincing the intermediary channels to push the product from the distribution channels to the final consumers using promotional and personal selling efforts. This strategy involves making use of tactics developed especially for resellers, merchants, dealers, distributors, and agents.
- Hybrid Strategy – A hybrid sales promotion strategy makes use of both the pull and push strategy to sell the product with the least resistance possible. It involves attracting the customers using special coupons and also providing incentives to the merchants to sell the brand’s products.
Sales Promotion Techniques Targeted To Consumers
Sales promotion tools used for consumer-oriented promotion are –
- Free Samples, Gifts, Discount Coupons: Distributing such free stuff increases brand awareness and triggers the psychology of ownership where the person chooses the promoted product if he liked the sample.
- Exchange Schemes – Exchange schemes attract many customers as they get some value even for their old product.
- Finance Schemes – Finance schemes like no-cost EMI, low-interest EMI, etc. makes it easier for customers to purchase expensive products.
- Shipping Schemes – Sometimes huge shipping costs discourage the customers from buying products. Such short term shipping schemes remove friction.
- Bundle Discounts – These deals are a great way to reduce unsold inventory. It includes selling bundled products at a price lesser than when those number of products are bought separately.
- Bulk Purchase Deals – This is a great sales promotion tactic to reduce unsold inventory. It includes providing discount to customers who buy in bulk.
Sales Promotion Techniques Targeted To Traders
- Point Of Purchase Displays – This includes providing free point of purchase (POP) display units to the retailers to increase their sales.
- Trade Shows – Trade shows are a great sales promotion strategy where the business promotes its product to thousands of traders in the trade show. Trade shows also witness huge discounts as compared to when bought usually.
- Push Money – Also known as spiffs, this technique includes extra payments to traders to motivate them to meet specified goals. For example, giving them a $50 bonus per unit for selling product A and $30 for selling product B for a specified time period.
- Deal Loaders – These are the gifts provided to the traders (wholesalers and retailers) for ordering a certain quantity of product.
- Trade Deals – These are special concessions provided to the merchants to encourage them to promote a specific product and increase its sales for a limited time period.
- Buying Allowances – Special discounts provided to the sellers when they order a specified number of products.
Infrastructure in Pune for Sales Promotion –
- Bus Marketing in Pune
Marketing posters are pasted on these buses which travel to different areas of Pune and during that a lot of customer reach is achieved when people look at these buses during their commute.
- Railways Marketing in Pune
Majority of the railways travel through Pune which gives people a chance to aboard and get down from trains at Pune Junction in order to reach their destination without any hassle. These provide opportunity to the Marketing Company in Pune to distribute flyers at the stations, perform sampling activities, pasting posters on the railway or over certain portions of walls etc.
- Metro Marketing in Pune
Since the launch of the program, Metro has been on the tip of the tongue of every Punekar. Everybody has been excited to see the metro running in the heart of the Pune. People are eagerly waiting for the civic body to complete the construction as soon as possible so that they can use it as their transportation medium which will help them reach their destination in less time.
- Airport Marketing in Pune
Usually people think that how can one do marketing activities on airport. But there are a lot of things that marketing agencies can do in order to do promotions of certain companies by putting out banners, digital billboards, stickers, sponsoring activities etc.
IT Hub in Pune –
Several multinationals and information technology companies having set up their offices here, the city now caters to young professionals with high disposable incomes and a penchant for up market lifestyles. Due to the road connectivity, affordable land prices in the outskirts, favorable weather, manpower and various other factors prove Pune to be a smart and perfect option for business to settle down.
There are a couple of IT Parks in Pune which are well known all over India. Some of those include –Hinjewadi IT Park, Cybercity Hadapsar, Talawade IT Park, World Trade Centre, Kharadi etc.
The tech companies which have their offices in these IT parks are – Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Cognizant, KPIT Cummins, Accenture, Capgemini, Avaya, Red Hat, HCL, Vodafone, Barclays, Mphasis, FIS Global, IBM, Amazon, Wipro, Allstate, Amdocs …. and many more.
The IT Hub does provide a lot of various options for Marketing Company in Pune to target people working in these places by doing activities and having tie-ups with the companies to promote certain products in the company premises.
Industrial Zone –
The MIDC (Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation) has developed Industrial zones in various parts of Pune. It includes large industrial clusters in the areas like Talegaon, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Bhosari, Ranjangaon, Chakan etc. Pimpri-Chinchwad alone has over 4,000 manufacturing units and 400 multinational companies. Pune is also the largest hub in India for German companies. In the MIDC industrial estates land, fuels, electricity, water and select raw materials are provided at subsidized rates to priority sector productions / companies.
The emphasis here is on tiny, small and medium scale industries as they are high priority undertakings according to the government’s policy. These enterprises are defined by the Indian government according to their investment in plant and machinery.
Markets in Pune –
Pune has major AMPC markets which are responsible for majority of supply of essential products to the consumers. Farmers from all over Pune, and also from the neighboring districts come to Pune to sell. The well known markets in Pune are – Gultekdi, Pimpri, Hadapsar, Khadki, Tulshibaug etc. A weekly market is organized which gives a lot of opportunity to Marketing Company in Pune to approach people who visit these weekly market to buy vegetables and other essential items.
Shopping malls and Theatres in Pune
Due to the advancement in infrastructure, many shopping malls have opened up and are stilling opening in various part of the Pune. The shopping malls mainly include right from theatres, recreational activity centers, essential goods, mobile shops, electronics shops who are the major contributors in bringing revenue. These places are the most favorite for Marketing Company in Pune to do Field Marketing, Sampling and various recreational activities to get consumers attention for marketing of certain products.
Here are some of the well known shopping malls in Pune – Amanora Mall, Season Mall, Phoenix Market City, Pune Central, The Pavillion, Kakade Market City, Westend Mall, Kumar Pacific, SGS Mall etc.
RWA Activities in Pune
Residential Welfare Association (RWA) Market in Pune has increased exponentially over the last few years. Due to the easy availability of land at cheaper price and at a good location, people invested in property over the years and as the market increased, so did the prices. Marketing Company in Pune targets housing complexes to perform sampling activities, Door-to-Door Marketing, Field Marketing and recreational activities to make sure they make people aware of the products of various companies.
Some of the famous builders and township in Pune are mentioned below – Kolte Patil Ivy Estate, Godrej Hillside 1 & 2, Kalpataru Jade Residencies, Vilas Jawdekar YashOne etc.
Parks in Pune
As a part of infrastructure development, Pune Municipal Corporation has made sure to reserve some part of the land to be made available to public. As a part of that, there are various parks been made
where the citizens can go and spend some quality time with their loved ones. These parks are where Field Sales team approaches people and educates them of certain products that they might want to buy but they were not aware of. Various discount and other promotions are given to customer so that they buy these products.
Some of the well known parks in Pune are as follows – Kamala Nehru Park, Pune Okayama Friendship Garden, Peshwe Udyan, Bund Garden, Sara Baug, Osho Teerth Park, Baner-Pashan Biodiversity Park, Empress Garden, Katraj Snake Park, Nana Nani Park etc.
Hospitals in Pune
The hospitals in Pune have been developed to a much larger scale with new equipment is being made available to treat various illness. Even though the government hospitals have low operating costs, the privately owned hospitals to provide concession in accordance with the government for the people with low income.
Various Companies selling medicinal products are promoted at hospital and the surrounding area’s to make people aware of the benefits of these products.
Some of the well hospitals in Pune are –Ruby Hall Hospital, Jehangir Hospital, AIMS Hospital, Sahyadri Hospital, KEM Hospital, Columbia Asia Hospital, Jupiter Hospital etc.
Schools and College in Pune
Pune is well known as education hub of India. Right from the primary education right till Masters/Phd, every course is available in Pune. Pune has a setup of well known good educational institutions which is preferred by students.
Pune is home to some of the leading institutions in the country that offer a whole gamut of academic options between them. One of the unique things about higher education in India, true even more so for Pune, is its affordability. This is why there is a lot of young crowd in Pune. So Marketing Company in Pune organizes various activities in the campuses of the below Schools, Colleges and Institutions which helps them reach a good customer base.
Well known educational institutions are – Fergusson College, MIT Kothrud, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Symbiosis International University, Indian Institute for Science Education and Research, Film and Television Institute of India, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) etc.
Major Locations in Pune
Pune can be categorized into different quadrants and each of these quadrants serves a unique purpose. All of these quadrants have their own significance and they do play an important part in the various ways.
These area’s are where various both large-scale and small-scale businesses resides which proves to be a good opportunity for Marketing Company in Pune to target both consumers as well as sellers to promote products and convert them in buying customers.